Payroll Deduction Plan
The Payroll Deduction Plan provides an option for graduate Research and Teaching Assistants to pay the university bill over time rather than in one lump sum at the start of the quarter. The plan automatically deducts from your bimonthly salary to pay quarterly charges.
All the requirements below must be met:
- As a graduate student, you have been appointed to a Research Assistantship (RA) or Teaching Assistantship (TA) position during the current academic year that has been fully approved by the department.
- You have a minimum of $500 in charges for the charge category you selected.
- You enroll in payroll deduction before the enrollment deadline.
Enrollment Instructions & Timeline
To enroll for payroll deduction, follow these instructions and take note of this timeline.
- Enrollment for the new academic year will be available September 1.
- We recommend that you enroll as early as possible once your TA or RA funding is approved.
- You may choose to enroll in payroll deduction for one full academic year at a time or for one quarter at a time.
- You may select from four categories of charges to be paid via payroll deduction.
Enrollment Deadlines & Processing Timeline
Enroll in payroll deduction on or before the sign-up deadline (below). After the sign-up deadline, the Financial team reviews enrollment requests to ensure they meet the eligibility requirements, and officially sets up the payroll deduction plans. At that time, you will receive a confirmation of plan set up and will see your payroll deduction details on your student financial account. Each quarter's payroll deduction plan is closed a few days after the final deduction.
|Plan Set Up|
|Autumn||Oct 15||Oct 17||Oct 22||Nov 7||Nov 22||Dec 7||Dec 22||Jan 7||Jan 8|
|Winter||Jan15||Jan 17||Jan 22||Feb 7||Feb 22||Mar 7||Mar 22||Apr 7||Apr 8|
|Spring||Apr 15||Apr 17||Apr 22||May 7||May 22||Jun 7||Jun 22||Jul 7||Jul 8|
|Summer||Jul 15||Jul 17||Jul 22||Aug 7||Aug 22||Sep 7||Sep 22||Oct 7||Oct 8|