Please review the information below to determine your next steps with VA and Stanford for receiving Chapter 31 benefits.
Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E) Overview
Unlike other benefit chapters, VR&E applications are assigned to a caseworker and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Students should anticipate the application process to involve in-person meetings with their assigned caseworker, and completion of research on the potential impact the requested program will have on their long-term employability. Students should be prepared for the VR&E application process to be lengthier than other types of benefits. We HIGHLY recommend students do not begin terms they are planning to fund with VR&E until official caseworker approval has been received.
Once a caseworker has approved a student’s course of study, they will send a Purchase Order to Stanford’s VA Certification Officers, which will be used to certify enrollment periods. Billing for VR&E goes through an additional step of processing through Stanford’s Third Party Contract (TPC) office; students will need to ensure they have a TPC account in place to be able to use VR&E.
Stanford Third Party Contract Overview (TPC)
VA’s Main VR&E Page
Oakland Regional VA Office (Stanford’s local VR&E office)
Information for VR&E Applicants and Caseworkers
VA SCO Contact Information:
Contact Name: Danielle West
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (note: email is the best method of contact)
Caseworker PO Guidelines:
- The Tungsten account for tuition, fee, and parking pass POs is associated with email@example.com
- Supplier Tax ID 94115636521
- Facility Code 31121005
- Parking permit approvals should be listed on the same PO as tuition/fees, but must be specifically listed as an approved item as parking is not a required fee. Students approved for parking permits will be automatically be billed for a the monthly C/Res permit for a single vehicle unless otherwise noted on the approval. Parking permit fees are non-refundable; students who purchase a monthly permit out of pocket will not be refunded if they pre-paid for a period VA would have covered.
- VR&E users will have a provisional TPC credit added to their account as a placeholder at the beginning of the quarter. The SCO team will bill VR&E after the add/drop period concludes at the Final Study List Deadline (FSLD), per our standard procedures and VA's best practices.
- POs for books and supplies must be submitted separately - Stanford's Bookstore is a third party entity and holds a separate Tungsten account associated with firstname.lastname@example.org.