SCP Terms and Conditions
Note: The text of the StanfordCardPlan (SCP) Terms and Conditions is shown here for informational purposes only. Students must log into Axess to accept the terms and conditions and sign up for the StanfordCardPlan.
My participation in the StanfordCardPlan (the “Plan”) is subject to the following terms and conditions, to which I signify my acceptance by clicking on “I Agree.”
- Under the Plan, I will be able to make purchases of up to $1,500 during each of the four (Autumn, Winter, Spring & Summer) academic quarters, by charging purchases at designated campus locations through the use of my Stanford University ID card (“Card”). The Plan is not a revolving credit plan; rather, while the number of purchases I may make during each of these four academic quarters is unlimited, the maximum amount I may charge during a quarter is limited to $1,500, even though I may have repaid all prior charges during the quarter, and even though I may not have charged the full $1,500 allowed during a previous quarter.
- All Card transactions will be added to and displayed on my university bill, which will be sent to my primary email address, as recorded in Axess. Refer to the payment dates and deadlines for more information on repayment due dates.
- If my Card is lost or stolen, I must report the Card as lost or stolen to the Student Services Center (SSC). Once the Card is reported as lost or stolen, the Card (and its associated StanfordCardPlan account) will be deactivated. I am responsible for no more than $50 in unauthorized card purchases provided the Card is reported as lost or stolen to the SSC within the earlier of two (2) business days after learning of the loss or theft or two (2) business days after receiving my university bill reflecting unauthorized charges. If I fail to notify the SSC within two (2) business days after learning of the loss or theft of the card, then my liability for unauthorized purchases may have no dollar limit.
- I will lose my eligibility to make purchases under the Plan if I cease to be enrolled in classes at Stanford, and, at Stanford’s option, if I fail to timely pay any amount billed to me on my university bill, whether the amount results from a charge under the Plan or otherwise.
- As a condition of my participation in the Plan, I will be deemed to grant Student Permissions, which will allow my financial aid to pay all charges on my university bill, including charges incurred under the Plan. For details, see Student Permissions Agreement (Full Text).
Delinquencies or defaults in my Plan obligations, as well as returned payments, will subject me to the remedies available to Stanford under the Past Due Accounts, Returned Payments and Account Collection and Credit Reporting provisions of Stanford’s billing policy, including late fees and returned payment fees, as well as financial holds that will block any future enrollment, course changes, transcripts and diplomas. (For details, see University Billing Policy.)