Coterm Application Process
Dates and Deadlines
Available term offerings and application deadlines vary by program. Before you apply, check the entry terms offered and application deadline for your program on the Explore Coterm Programs page.
The application closes at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on your program’s deadline.
Before You Apply
Please review the following webpages before you apply:
You will need to acknowledge the following policies to start your application:
- I meet the coterm eligibility requirements as stated on the webpage above.
- I am aware of the difference between graduate and undergraduate tuition.
- I understand the number of permissible quarters that coterms can remain in the undergraduate tuition group.
- I acknowledge how undergraduate transfer units* from outside Stanford, including units earned via dual enrollment from high school, can reduce the number of permissible quarters in the undergraduate tuition group.
- I understand all of the ways coterms change tuition groups, automatically and by request.
- I have sought advising for any questions about tuition for coterm students before applying to the coterminal degree program.
- I understand it is possible for some coterm students to automatically be moved to the graduate tuition group for the matriculation quarter and/or prior to undergraduate degree conferral.
*Neither units earned via AP test nor other external text credit are considered transfer credit for the purpose of determining coterminal student tuition.
Expand each heading below to learn more about that section of the online application.
Click the button above to start or continue your coterm application.
If you are admitted to a coterm program and accept the offer, you will be assessed a $125 coterm application fee during your first quarter of the program.
Need-based fee waivers are granted to students who qualify under Stanford’s full tuition financial aid policy. No special request is necessary.