Manage Authorized Users on Your Account
As a student, you may authorize others to access your Stanford student financial account and make payments on your behalf. Such individuals are referred to as “Authorized Users”.
Authorized users have access to all of the same features that you do as a student, including the ability to:
- View an Account Summary with your current balance, prior balance, anticipated aid, and the due date.
- See and print a full transaction history by term on the Account Activity page.
- Make a Payment on the account.
This is a sample screen image of an authorized user’s view of a student’s account.
Add Authorized Users to Your Account
Authorized users cannot edit their own “Authorized User” account or set up other authorized users.
As a student, you can add authorized users to your account following these steps:
- Select the Set Up Authorized Users button on the Account Summary page.
- Enter an Authorized User (see below) including their first and last name, relationship to you, and email address.
- Select Create.
4. On the next screen, you will see a list of your authorized users. There, you have an option to add additional authorized users.
Other Actions Regarding Authorized Users on Your Account
From the Actions menu, you can view your authorized users, resend an invitation to the payment system, and also remove access to anyone you’ve previously authorized on your student payment system account.
If you remove an authorized user, they will receive an email informing them that they are no longer authorized to access your student payment system account.
Under the Actions dropdown menu at the top of the page, there is a View All Activity option to see all activity on the account, including when an authorized user logged on and payments they made.