TPC Invoicing and Payments
If you are sponsored by a third party to help pay for your tuition and/or other fees, get familiar with this information about how third-party contract (TPC) invoicing and payments works.
Third-party sponsoring organizations are invoiced after the Final Study List (add/drop) deadline for each term. This date typically falls three weeks after the start of the term. Please see the Academic Calendar for current Final Study List deadline dates.
A few key points:
- Visiting Student Researcher (VSR) sponsoring organizations are pre-billed for all charges during their initial invoicing cycle.
- Our invoicing process allows sponsor organizations to retrieve invoices quarterly using a secure encrypted server.
TPC Invoicing Schedule
|Quarter||Invoice Week||Payment Due Date|
|Autumn||October 18, 2021||November 22, 2021|
|Winter||January 31, 2022||March 1, 2022|
|Spring||April 25, 2022||May 27, 2022|
|Summer||July 11, 2022||August 12, 2022|
The following payment information is for Third Party Contract (TPC) sponsors who have received a Stanford University TPC invoice and are submitting payment for their supported student(s).
If you are a student sponsored by a third party, feel free to share this information with them.
- Payment is due within 30 days of invoicing. Non-payment may result in the reversal of the TPC conditional credit on the student account.
- Payments may take up to five business days to post, so plan accordingly.
- To ensure proper credit, sponsors must include their Sponsor ID# with their payment.
- A third party sponsor should never be an authorized user on the Stanford student payment system as this could result in a duplicate credit on the student account.
Preferred Payment Methods
The following are the preferred payment methods for TPC sponsors.
Military Sponsor Payments
Stanford Federal Tax ID Number: 94-1156365
Cage Code: 1R1Y7
International Payments via Flywire
Go to stanfordsponsor.flywire.com to begin your payment.
This payment method allows you to:
- Execute, track, and confirm your international payment online.
- Choose local, familiar payment options including bank wire transfer, credit cards, e-wallet and more for most countries and territories.
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates.
- Access Flywire multilingual customer support round the clock via email, phone, chat, and WeChat for assistance with your payment.
Go to Flywire.com/how-it-works to learn more.
Domestic Payments via Direct ACH
Beneficiary: Stanford University
Wells Fargo Bank
420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
Bank account number: 4123217945
Bank ABA number: 121-000-248 (Domestic)
Other Payment Options
Access this webpage to learn about other payment options.
If you have questions about TPC, student bills, payments, or other related matters, we encourage you to submit a help request to the Student Services Center.